Welcome to my Blog!

I'm so glad that you stopped by to check out my blog. Here you will find updates about my life as a wife, mama, worship leader, and photographer. I specialize in children and family photography as well as weddings, but I love to capture all special moments and the beauty of all creation! I am so blessed and it is my prayer to honor our Creator through all that I do!

Contact me by email: laurenvia@gmail.com!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Awesome Blessing/ 52 weeks 21

This post is supposed to count for LAST week! Sorry I've been unable to do much blogging lately... but on top of our lives being crazy hectic, our internet has been down! Anyway, I received an amazing unexpected blessing last week. My parents knew that I had been asked to do some photos for a friend's wedding, and they decided that they wanted to invest in me and my pursuit at photography... so they bought me a Canon 40d!!! Yay! I of course will pay them back... its a huge responsibility and I honestly almost threw up when I paid for the camera! I hope I can make them proud. I was able to get the camera just the night before the wedding... so I spent every waking moment trying to learn how to use it. I was only a sort of "second-shooter" for our friend Megan's wedding... so I knew the expectation wasn't too great, but I really wanted to do a great job. I realized that I still have a whole LOT to learn. Anyway, here are a few photos of us from the wedding... they will count for last week's 52 weeks submission!

Thanks to my friend Robin for grabbing the camera a shooting these!


me chasing Declan around the dance floor...

Photobucket

fun group photo with Emily and Seth (my sister/brother-in-law), our great friends Nic and April, and of course the Vias!


I hope to get some of my photos from the wedding up soon! Keep an eye out!

1 comment:

Lisette Price Photography said...

So cute! I can't wait to see what you captured!

Oh and I love how in the group pic you're looking at the person with your camera. There must have been multiple ones. I always do the same thing and everyone else is looking at the other ones too...haha! :)