Welcome to my Blog!

I'm so glad that you stopped by to check out my blog. Here you will find updates about my life as a wife, mama, worship leader, and photographer. I specialize in children and family photography as well as weddings, but I love to capture all special moments and the beauty of all creation! I am so blessed and it is my prayer to honor our Creator through all that I do!

Contact me by email: laurenvia@gmail.com!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

04.16.08... We are Virginia Tech!

Today was a day of reflection and remembrance for our alma mater, Virginia Tech. Both Jimmy and I are Hokies, as well as our parents, Jimmy's cousin, Jimmy's sister, her husband, my sister and her soon to be husband. We love Virginia Tech, it has become our home. Its hard to believe that one year has already passed since we sat in horror and fear as we learned about the tragedy unfolding on the campus... just a few miles down the road from us here at Radford University. As the day went on, Jimmy and I went into autopilot... heading directly to Tech (with our little 3 month old baby Hokie) to lend a hand at Tech's BCM. That building, that ministry was where Jimmy and I met... and we found ourselves that night, singing for a heart-wrenching worship service... standing on that stage where our love had grown years ago... where we had lead worship so many times before. Looking out at the sea of hurting students, many still unsure of the fate of their friends, my heart ached! We sang... "I fear no evil, for YOU are with me, strong to deliver, mighty to save..." My sister was safe. Her boyfriend was safe. Jimmy's cousin was safe. I would later learn that a close family friend, a professor at Tech narrowly escaped being in Norris hall that day. I listened as a student cried... a student who had hid underneath dead bodies for safety. I thanked God for lives saved. Then... I learned that one of our own fellow Tech BCM alumni, Brian Bluhm had lost his life that day. Oh... the roller coaster of emotions that hit us that week, that month, this past year. I thank God for Virginia Tech... I thank God for healing... for bringing beauty out of tragedy. I thank God for our fellow campus ministers at Virginia Tech... for touching our lives and the lives of the student body. I thank God that on this day, I can reflect and remember the lives saved, the lives lost, and the lives changed... while sharing this time with the HUGE family of Hokies that will forever be dear to my heart! Those who lost their lives that day embodied the motto of our great university... "That I May Serve"... and through their lives and deaths I am reminded of our purpose here. May I love God, love people... and never forget that a life of service is a life that brings glory to the Father! Lives lived and lost... not in vain... Never Forget!

Here are some photos I took as we returned to campus this evening to reflect and remember... and a moving video tribute...



Photobucket






Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


1 comment:

Lisette Price Photography said...

I love you too! We both have so many great memories of our time there. I too am praying with you!

*I hope you don't mind but you moved me with this post so I linked to you off of my blog and posted up the video as well!*