Welcome to my Blog!

I'm so glad that you stopped by to check out my blog. Here you will find updates about my life as a wife, mama, worship leader, and photographer. I specialize in children and family photography as well as weddings, but I love to capture all special moments and the beauty of all creation! I am so blessed and it is my prayer to honor our Creator through all that I do!

Contact me by email: laurenvia@gmail.com!

Friday, June 6, 2008

I've been working lately to streamline and improve my editing process. We only have Photoshop-CS, but I'm hoping I can continue to learn enough so that I can keep using it for awhile without upgrading. Anyway, I went back and re-edited some photos and edited some others that I had put aside. I've been trying to play around and discover my personal photographic style. I'd like for most of my photos to have a similar "look" or "style." One particular issue I had was lens flare during the "golden hour." I originally thought that such photos weren't worth using, but after looking at other pro-photographer's blogs I have learned to really embrace the lens flare as something beautiful. I'm still not completely sure what I think about all these, so feedback would be great! Thanks... hope you enjoy.




Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket
I'm still really unsure about this last photo. The hands in the for-ground turned out nice and sharp, but my camera blurred out Declan's face a bit. Also, there's quite a bit of noise in the background. I do really love the colors and the brightness of Declan's eyes in this photo. So... what do YOU think? Honest opinions are greatly appreciated.


...ps... I hope to add some more newly processed photos soon.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love how his eyes are so bold! It's a shame the background is blurry, but you don't notice it right away...kindof artsy? By the way...really like those first two from the beach or something (inside the cave and then of the chairs)