Welcome to my Blog!

I'm so glad that you stopped by to check out my blog. Here you will find updates about my life as a wife, mama, worship leader, and photographer. I specialize in children and family photography as well as weddings, but I love to capture all special moments and the beauty of all creation! I am so blessed and it is my prayer to honor our Creator through all that I do!

Contact me by email: laurenvia@gmail.com!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Smokey Mountain Getaway... 52 weeks-week???

This past weekend we took a little trip with my family to the Smokey Mountains. My grandparents traveled with us and my parents... and my uncle and aunt joined us at the cabin in Tennessee. We had a nice time enjoying the quiet, beauty, and quality time together. Declan had a fun time splashing in the pool that overlooked the mountains, we ate some great meals, and we played a fun Rook tourney(we LOST bad!). The best part was the AMAZING view from the deck of our cabin. The majesty and splendor of our Creator's handiwork was all around us... and I could not help but feel His presence as I gazed out upon the mountains!
On a side note... we actually managed to get a photo of our little family with me in it! I know I've really gotten behind lately with the 52 weeks submissions... but finally here's one! Thanks Mom for getting a quick shot of us before it got way too dark!


Photobucket

Photobucket
My Mom and Dad
Photobucket

Declan playing peek-a-boo...
Photobucket
Dad and Grandad chatting on the porch at sunrise!


...below are some photos of the early morning fog in the Smokeys... these were all taken from the porch of our cabin!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


the road to our cabin...




...here are just some random detail shots that I found interesting...





Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Hope you enjoyed a little glimpse of our beautiful getaway!

No comments: