Welcome to my Blog!

I'm so glad that you stopped by to check out my blog. Here you will find updates about my life as a wife, mama, worship leader, and photographer. I specialize in children and family photography as well as weddings, but I love to capture all special moments and the beauty of all creation! I am so blessed and it is my prayer to honor our Creator through all that I do!

Contact me by email: laurenvia@gmail.com!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Creator's Handiwork--April 29, 2009


I think that God must have had a woman's heart in mind when he decided to create flowers. If not every woman's heart, then certainly this woman's heart. I just love the feeling of joy that comes over me as I watch how the beauty of fresh flowers can brighten an entire room! I'm especially grateful for these flowers I received as a birthday gift from my great friend Alissa today. I've been having a hard week... and have had a crummy attitude. I woke up to a gloomy, rainy day... nothing was going right and don't even ask about the battle I've had with egg cartons today! Anyway, such a simple and sweet gesture from a friend made such a huge difference in my attitude. I've been feeling overwhelmed with anxiousness and worry about so many different things... but God used the beauty of his creation to remind me of His promises in His Word.

From Matthew 6:

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the flowers of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

*****

I pray that God will continue to remind me of His promises... so I can stop worrying and focus on serving others and bringing glory to His name!


ps... I just want to take one more second to thank all of the other friends and family who have, in so many ways, made my birthday a blessing! Love you ALL!


No comments: